At the Centre for Spiritual Living, we offer a variety of classes throughout the year focused on personal growth right in downtown Vancouver.
“In our relationship between our soul and our will, our Soul is like a sail. Once hoisted in the open, our soul is ﬁlled by the wind of Spirit. Our will is our rudder. It’s the sail that follows the wind and the rudder that follows the sail.”
– Mark Nepo, One Life We are Given
The language we use both internally and externally is the means we use to steer our craft.
Based on Ursula LeGuin’s book of the same name, Steering Your Craft is an opportunity to use your writing and journaling as a feedback loop to what you are REALLY thinking and saying.
Join Rev. Terry (linguist, teacher, lecturer, writer and performer) as he reveals some of the ways we are using language and how language is using us to get us where we want to go.
Let Rev. Terry lead you through a series of exercises and discussion that will reveal to you what you are really saying.
- Where are the commas in your sentences?
- What are your dashes used for?
- You don’t use dashes? Of course you do, and if you don’t maybe you should
Bring a bag lunch and your journal. If you don’t have a journal, Get one!
- WHEN: Sunday, Nov. 19, NOON – 2PM (pre-registration required, limited seating)
- WHERE: 200-422 Richards St., Vancouver at Conscious Lab
- INVESTMENT: $50 (early bird pricing has now closed)
“Every thought is a prayer”
– Meister Eckhart, 13th Century mystic
Few people in this world have deeply and truly embraced the idea that our experience is a reflection of every thought we have had.
For those who understand this spiritual principle, Spiritual Mind Treatment (also known as affirmative prayer) is an effective means to become clear about what we want for our lives, and to put those ideas into action.
Treatment is not about fixing – or even healing – anything. It is about coming to recognize the wholeness of who we already are.
This 3.5 hour workshop gives you an opportunity to learn or even re-familiarize yourself with the art and the science behind Spiritual Mind Treatment. You can learn from right where you are today – no previous experience required. Bring along a pen and paper, and an open mind.
- FACILITATED BY: Rev. Karin Wilson
- WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 25 from 10am – 1pm (pre-registration required, limited seating)
- WHERE: Suite 200 – 422 Richards Street @ Conscious Lab
- INVESTMENT: $40 (early bird price until Nov. 22), Regular fee: $50
- (This is an accredited class, as part of the Foundations study of Science of Mind)
- FOUNDATIONS 2
- Deepen your understanding of Science of Mind
- FEAR TO FAITH Workshop
- Learn a method to bust you loose from fears that block you!
Email Rev. Karin firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to be placed on wait list
About learning at Centre for Spiritual Living
There have been many people who have paved the way to a greater understanding of who we are as spiritual people, Carl Jung among them.
Our founder, Ernest Holmes, was influenced by Jung and many other spiritual philosophers as he worked to develop his rich understanding of the intersection between the mind and our spirit which came to be known as Science of Mind.
Using the well-regarded curriculum developed over many decades by educators at the forefront of the New Thought movement, these classes are designed to expand your understanding of yourself and deepen your connection with your spiritual self. The tools you learn can help you live a more authentic life whether at work, at home, or at play.
Positive thinking has a profound influence on personal experience. Classes encourage you to apply your newly founds skills on a weekly basis. Workshops offer up more intensive opportunities to go deeper into areas of particular interest. The combination creates a wonderful matrix that allows your mind, body and spirit to work in unison for your authentic self.
Positive learning space
A variety of classes are held throughout the year, as well as workshops.
Classes are held at Conscious Lab, located on the second floor at 422 Richards Street – kitty corner to SFU Downtown/Harbour Centre.
Registration is open to the public.