The Still Small Voice Within
Meditation is one of the best ways you can support yourself.
Science has proven meditation:
- lowers your blood pressure
- reduces stress
- increases oxygen to your cells
- increasings your healing ability
- calms your attitude and increases pleasure
- plus a host of other wonderful things
This skill has been practiced for centuries by spiritual traditions all over the world. Ultimately, sustained and regular practice supports you in hearing your own still voice. This will help you take positive action in your life with confidence and with ease.
One Consciousness – Many Practices
At Centre for Spiritual Living Yaletown we recommend and use a variety of meditation techniques that you can easily practice at home.
- Start today on your own by simply following your breath
- Sit upright, spine extended, feet on the ground
- Begin with five minutes in silence
- Gradually extend that time to 20-25 minutes
- Consider starting and ending your practice with hand together in prayer pose
- A simple mantra like: God Is, I Am, can assist with returning your mind to your breath
20 Minutes for You Every Sunday
Experience group meditation with a spiritually supportive community at our Sunday gathering.
Breath work is only one form of meditation. Our practitioners will also lead you in guided meditation, visualization, and visioning.
All are designed to bring you closer to the peace that is within you at all times.
- No cushions necessary
- No special clothing
- Simply bring your open mind and give yourself permission to be still.
Try this meditation at home
Tony Brady is one of Rev. Karin’s favourite meditation teachers. He lives in Dublin, Ireland, and has a gentle practical way about him. She loves it so much, she posted it on the Centre’s Facebook page. See what you think:
Join us Sundays at 10AM. Our meditation mats and cushions are waiting for you!